Gravel Lake Association 2018-2019 Calendar
Time and dates subject to change (all times Eastern Standard Time)
Saturday, June 16th at 10:30am – Membership Meeting
– Location – Craig & Melissa DeSimone’s yard on Chamberlin Beach (32313 Chamberlin Dr.)
– Dues collection
– 50-50 raffle
– Buy Gravel Lake paraphernalia – shirts, coozies, towels, etc.
Saturday, July 21st at 10am—Board of Trustees meeting (Porter Township Hall)
Saturday, August 18th at 10am – Membership Meeting
– Location – Rinaldi’s garage on Gebhard Beach (94321 Gebhard Drive)
– Dues collection
– 50-50 raffle
– Buy Gravel Lake paraphernalia
Saturday, September 22nd at 10am—Board of Trustees meeting (Porter Township Hall)
Saturday, October 20th at 10am—Board of Trustees meeting (Porter Township Hall)
FOURTH OF JULY ACTIVITIES: Saturday, 6/30 – Sunday, 7/1
The Fourth of July is right around the corner! If you’re interested in volunteering for an event, please contact Craig DeSimone. Keep an eye on the Gravel Lake Association Facebook page for changes, info, or cancellations.
Kids Games – Saturday, June 30th at 11am – Willow Beach Resort
– Ages 0-12
– Prizes for all participants
Paddle Boat Regatta – Saturday, June 30th at 6pm
– Location – Channel
– Register at 5:45PM at the first turn of the channel
– Race begins at the first turn of the channel
– All participants MUST have certified personal flotation devices
– 1-person kayak
– 2-person kayak
– Youth paddle boat (both racers under 12)
– Adult paddle boat
Fun Run – Sunday, July 1st at 9:00am – Willow Beach Resort
– Registration begins at 8:30am
– 2-mile race
– FREE for all participants
– All ages welcome
– Prizes and refreshments
Boat Parade – Sunday, July 1st at 2:00pm – Fazzini’s dock
– Theme: Fourth of July!
– Registration and judging from the dock of the Fazzini home: 94295 Gebhard Dr. (From the lake, it’s to the left of the forest between Gebhard and Huff’s; look for a sign on the end of the dock that weekend).
– Register at 1:30pm
– Parade begins at 2:00pm
– Vote for the winner by texting the boat number to (708) 692-8999
Keep an eye on the Gravel Lake Association Facebook page for changes, info, or cancellations.
Gravel Lake Picnic—Saturday, June 16th (rain or shine)
– Immediately following the Membership Meeting (approx. 12-3pm)
– RSVP the number of attendees who will be eating to email@example.com by Saturday, June 3rd.
– Hang out with old friends and meet some new ones!
– Paid 2016-2017 memberships will allow up to five (5) members of each household to eat for free.
– Additional food tickets (along with non-member food tickets) can be purchased for $1.00 by visiting the check-in table.
– Tickets are for food only. Festivities are FREE!
– Limited car and boat parking, so carpool and “boatpool”!
5th Annual Gravel Lake Poker Run– Saturday, August 4th (tentative, based on volunteers)
– Time TBD
– Needed: Volunteers to help with ticket sales, dock set-up, party set-up, t-shirt sales, and clean-up on Sunday
– Needed: 7 sponsors to donate $200+. Sponsors will get a sign at a dock, as well as their logo on the back of the Poker Run t-shirt, in any Poker Run literature, and printed in the Gravel Laker newsletter. These funds will support activities at the docks.
– Email Craig DeSimone at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in hosting a dock or being a volunteer or sponsor.