Gravel Lake Primer
Welcome to Gravel Lake. This page is to help our new neighbors with info about our Lake and community. More info is available throughout this website.
Our Facebook Group and Page
- Boat traffic goes counter-clockwise.
- Channel entrance etiquette: please wait on lake side for exiting boats from channel.
- Observe the “Slow, No Wake” signs in the channel and weed bed.
- Do not allow anyone to ride the front of pontoon boat.
- Be aware of the ski course on the northwest side of the lake (to avoid unnecessary anchor line entanglements).
- Waterskiing (and other towed sports) is limited to an hour before sunrise and an hour after sunset.
- PWCs may operate between 8am and sunset.
- Improper distance: operating above slow, no wake speed at anything less than 100ft (of other vessels, including persons being towed, rafts, docks, shoreline).
- Improper distance for a PWC: operating above slow no wake speed at anything less than 150ft.
- No one less than 14 years of age may operate a PWC.
- Anyone at least 16 years old and born after 12/31/1978 may operate a PWC with a boating safety certificate.
- Anyone born before 12/31/1978 may operate a PWC without restrictions.
- Every person being towed behind a boat on water skis, etc. must wear a type 1, 2, or 3 PFD (this includes surfing without a rope behind a boat).
- Michigan law requires anyone under the age of 6 to wear a type 1 or type 2 PFD when riding on the deck of a boat while underway (type 1 and type 2 pfds have a neck support flap on the back).
- A person shall not launch or transport watercraft unless they are free of aquatic organisms including plants.
Handbook of Michigan Boating Laws and Responsibilities
Your connection to the Gravel Lake Association. Find your Beach Trustee here and info on the various committees.
Gravel Lake has 10 areas/beaches. This map shows them all and surrounding roads.
A list of general info about permits, DNR, animal control, etc.
Get the latest T-Shirts, hats and more
Contact Jen Micheli or check out our Facebook Group to purchase items.